The federated governing board of the Cledford Primary and Gainsborough Primary & Nursery School Federation play an important role in school. They are a hard working group of people with a variety of skills and backgrounds. They have a clear vision and share the same values, always striving for the very best for all pupils, parents and staff.
The full governing board meets once a term. There are also sub-committees called 'resources' and 'teaching, learning & achievement'along with the 'staff apprasial & pay progression'.
Click on the different sections in the governor tab to find out more about who the governors are, their roles and what they do at Cledford.
The federation governing board, leadership team and school staff are firmly focused on ensuring that the pupils at Cledford Primary School achieve the best they can; there are 5 key priorities that we are working on:
- leaders, including governors and middle leaders, are relentlessly focused on pupil progress and attainment
- all teaching and learning is at least consistently good across the whole school in order to improve outcomes for all pupils and raise standards
- ensure attitudes to learning are consistently positive and have a significant impact on progress
- pupils make strong progress towards meetig the expected attainment for their age
- ensure that leadership of early years foundation stage (EYFS) secures good progress for pupils from starting points that are well below expected standards and prepares them effectively for key stage 1